Sunday 14 July 2013

IS HOMEOPATHY A PLACEBO SCIENCE?

HOMEOPATHY IS PLACEBO - this is the favorite chant of our antagonists who take great pains to denounce our magnificent therapeutic science. They want proof' that it works! Millions of patients all over the world who take only homeopathic medicines for all their ailments are not proof enough. The thousands of allopathic doctors who take homeo medicines for themselves and family not withstanding (almost 80% of the doctors in my town)!

Two days ago I had an experience I would like to narrate. I was leaving my home for the clinic when I tripped over my pet dog and my right thumb got crushed in the door as I was shutting it. The distal phalanx started swelling almost immediately and a hematoma started to form under the nail. I rushed back into the house and applied an ice pack for ten minutes. Satisfied that this was the best I could do I left for my clinic. By the time I reached the thumb had swollen to twice its size. The entire nail bed had turned a dark red due to the extravasated blood. I took 3 doses of Arnica Montana 30 and got on with my work. By afternoon the entire nail had turned a menacing black. It was throbbing unbearably and I switched over to Sulphuric acid 30. every 2 hours - 3 doses. In the evening the thumb was so sensitive that I could not hold a pen or zip my pants!! I had to do something fast. I was tempted to take an allopathic anti-inflammatory when I remembered Boericke's or was it Kent's advice. I soaked a cotton swab in Arnica Q (mother tincture), applied it over the entire distal phalanx covering the tip of my finger, wrapped it in a thin plastic `finger stall' and taped it in place. To my surprise next morning the swelling was almost gone and the echymoses was atleast 50% less! I replaced the swab with a new one and taped it in place again. 24 hours later VOILA!! no trace of the black and blue swelling of the nail bed. Only a slight sensitiveness of the thumb tip remained!!
PLACEBO?????? 

No comments:

Post a Comment